During the 2012 Autosport Show Litchfield were approached by Liam Doran to build a Monster Energy Drink Nissan GTR which he planned to use on various events throughout the year.
Liam Doran is Britain’s leading Rallycross driver, aged just 25, and is now one of the hottest new athletes in World Motorsport. Doran signed with Monster Energy in 2011 and since the new partnership, he has gone on to achieve an Xgames Gold medal and opportunities to compete in other Motorsport disciplines including LOORS and Pikes Peak Hill Climb in the U.S.
Liam’s brief for the GTR was for a significant, but reliable, upgrade to the cars all round performance. It was decided to go with a range of improvements based around our popular 620bhp Stage 4 engine upgrade. Along with long time engineering partners Forge Motorsport, who also support Liam’s Race car programs, we set about transforming his standard GTR into something very special.
The specification of the car was:
Liam’s thoughts on the transformation, “Wow! It’s a completely different car” and after experiencing the car on track. “This is the fastest road car I have ever driven, I have not stopped grinning all morning!”
- 2008 JDM Nissan GTR base car
- Litchfield Stage 4 engine upgrade
- Ecutek RaceROM custom Litchfield remap with switchable maps and driver adjustable boost
- 2012 Nissan GTR gearbox software update with custom Litchfield Launch Control settings
- Litchfield Cold Air Intake kit with larger MAF housings
- Litchfield 1,100cc Fuel Injectors
- Litchfield Gearbox upgrade
- Dodson Motorsport Gearbox Circlips and High Temperature Magnets
- Forge Motorsport High Performance Intercooler
- Forge Motorsport Transmission Cooler
- Forge Motorsport Performance exhaust system
- Forge Motorsport Dump Valves
- Alcon 400mm Front brake discs
- Pagid RS29 brake pads
- Full Litchfield Service and fast road Laser Alignment geometry setup
- Motul Sport Engine Oil, Motul Diff Oil and Pentosin Gearbox oil
- Monster Matt Black vehicle wrap
However later that afternoon the infamous Nurburgring circuit proved once again that it can catch out even the very best drivers. Following several Banzai laps the car was involved in a huge accident that saw it spin off the track and flip upside down over the catch netting!