Our M2 N55 ECU remaps now feature our latest RACEROM setup which gives you even more control over the cars performance as you can set it up to suit your driving style.
Our remaps include a completely new calibration that allows the N55 engine to provide significant increases in power and torque over the standard engine as well as adding some unique features.
Our current default settings which you can change instantly using the Cruise Control buttons are:
- Map1 95 Octane normal unleaded fuel which will produce around 370 bhp and 380 lbft with Stage 1 (Stage 2 390 bhp / 390 lbft)
- Map2 97/99 Octane Super unleaded fuel which will produce around 385 bhp with 400 lbft (Stage 2 420 bhp / 420 lbft)
The RACEROM patch also remembers which map you were in when the engine is switched off so if you always run on Super unleaded it won’t need to be changed.
We utilise the Cruise Control buttons while the Cruise is turned off but when you switch Cruise Control back on again the buttons work as normal so you lose no functionality.
This feature lets the driver instantly adjust the torque the engine produces using the steering wheel controls. This is represented on the Driver information display gauges so it is straight forward to select anything from 50-100% of maximum torque. It also changes the percentage of torque being applied to the per gear torque selection so if you have this setup individually and want to reduce torque by 30% it will also apply this same 30% reduction per gear. Ideal for quick changes if the weather turns during on a trackday as you want to do more than just adjust drop the peak torque value as each gear will require this to set differently.
Recalibrated Driver Display
All our remaps include recalibrating the Driver Display to show the engines new power and torque figures.
All our remaps include removing the top speed limiter so drivers can choose to driver over 155mph on de-restricted Motorways or on track events.
Adjustable Pops & Bangs/Burbles
– Requires Bluetooth interface and Phone App
All our remaps have the burble setup similar to the M4 GTS/CS models so it gives a nice sound when in Sports mode. However this can be adjusted using our Phone App to suit each driver’s needs. The simple slider can make the burbles more aggressive of switched off completely.
Adjustable Torque Per Gear
- Requires Bluetooth Interface and Phone App
Within the Phone App the driver is able to easily adjust the amount of torque going to the wheels using a simple slider. We have setup a good default setting for the first 3 gears but now the driver can request more or less torque in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th onwards. This is ideal if you are on a slippery surface, have gripper tyres as few quick changes can really improve the traction and enjoyment of the car.
Optional Ecutek Bluetooth Interface and ECU Connect Phone App
Ecutek’s Bluetooth interface is available now and works seamlessly with the BMW N55 engine in the M135/235/335/435 and M2 models and allows the driver’s phone to communicate with the car using Ecutek’s free ECU Connect Phone App.
Along with the additional custom maps we highlighted above the ECU Connect setup has a host of other useful features that can be used on most OBD compatible cars (1996+)
- High Speed Data logging – Display and record factory and RaceROM diagnostic parameters.
- RaceROM integration – Driver interaction with RaceROM features.
- Read & clear DTCs.
- Dashboards – Display real-time data from any parameter in a set of graphical displays using circular gauges, bar graphs or text.
- Performance analyser – Test and share the performance results online.
- Archive – Stores log files and performance test results for sharing directly from within the app.
- ECU info – Provides detailed information about the vehicle concerned.